I have never been in love, but I imagine that unrequited love is a lot like my relationship (or lack there of) with high end fashion. I'm only a high school girl, but my passion for art and music and clothing and the many kinds of beauty that this world and the people in it have to offer, is nothing short of all-consuming. I could write thousands of word about the music, books and films that inspire me, but for the moment I want to focus purely on fashion, which in some ways manages to combine all aspects of art and architecture into one.
It has taken a number of years for me to realize just how much fashion and the creative expression behind it, means to me. I have spent God knows how many hours pouring over issues of Vogue and Russh, learning to familiarize myself with the characteristics of designers like Christopher Bailey and Karl Lagerfeld. Learning how to pronounce brands like Givenchy and Balenciaga. And above all learning to appreciate the wonderful details of designs by Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen and Miuccia Prada. It has been a long and meaningful journey of discovery and has helped me establish my own fashion identity.
I know no satisfaction like the one I feel after putting together a particularly excellent outfit, except perhaps the satisfaction of finding an amazing piece of clothing that seems like it was made just for me. Fashion primarily inspires happiness and creativity within me.
It is with bated breath and as much patience as I can muster, that I wait for the day when my relationship with fashion can stop being one sided and I can afford my very own Channel handbag, Burberry trench coat and Judith Leiber gown. Until then I amuse myself with blogs, magazines and fantasies.
Great writing! Great blog, btw.
ReplyDeletewww.dressupwithlola.blogspot.com